In the last few months I have
been working on a very special
assignment. Todd's mom asked me
to put together a book of her mother's
poetry for her sister's 70th
birthday present. They found their
mother's poetry in a special little tin
after she passed away. I told her I
would be happy to do it. Leslie sent me
two color
do one for her later on.
The Poems arrived and I purchased special paper and
two matching 8x8 books with page protectors.
one book and then set about making one almost identical to
the first one. I wish I had gotten better pictures of them.
On their visit to Logandale for Thanksgiving I brought out the
one I did for her sister. She had tears in her eyes and got a
little emotional. After she got through the entire book, I asked
her if she liked it. She was overwhelmed at how it turned out.
(about 45 pages worth) I then had Todd bring in the second
one all done and said this one is for you! She was so surprised.
She thanked and thanked me, but I thanked her for letting
me do the project which let me get to know Todd's grandmother
Dorothy Elizabeth Chapin better. I love her! Thanks for giving
me the assignment. I enjoyed every minute of it. All 90 pages
worth.


7 comments:
How cool! I wish I could have seen it. I bet Leslie was thrilled to have a copy of her own, too.
What a wonderful talent you have, and get to share with every one.
I am sure any special assignment accomplished by you will be a cherised treasure.
ToOdLeS.
Oh I love it!! You are so talented!!
That is so neat to be able to do that, you are amazing with scrapping, I love it!
Ummmm....how on earth one cute lit'l person, like you, can have so much talent, I'll never know. But I do know that I am extremely lucky to know you.
What an amazing gift!
Splendid work!!!
this was a very neat book, wish i could have read it more before it was gone though. Your so great mommy.
Post a Comment