Thursday, December 10, 2009

Downstairs finally finished


Christmas is really the only holiday that I decorate for. But I do it in a big way at our house.
With my trees, and my North pole Village that I put up every year, it takes me quite a
while to get it all done.
Last year you will remember that my new tree looked an awful lot like this one, but this
year, I left off the big candy peppermint ornaments I made last year.
I found some great vintage snowman postcards and glittered them up a few days ago.
Glitter is messy but I love what it does for anything. I even found vintage glass glitter
on-line this year.

Our family grows every year, and this year we added two. Clinton Dowse
and Ella Mae Askeroth. So it is my tradition to make stockings for all the new
people in our family. This year I made 4 because Kendra and Kylee never had
new ones made like everyone else. I buy new Christmas fabric each year and this year I bought a lot of blue. We have 25 stockings hanging in our family room this year.





This is how different the tree looks without the lights on. I just think it looks so winter like. I guess I need a tree that looks like this one, because it will never snow here. I really miss the
snow, and I have been known to get just a little bit excited when:
I can play in snow,
Ride in snow,
ski in snow,
sled in snow,
anything having to do with snow accept:
drive in it
and shovel it.
Thank goodness we can visit it and then
return to our wonderful non-snow place of Logandale.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH SO PRETTY!! LOVE THAT TREE AND THE POSTCARDS AND THE DARLING STOCKINGS...HOPE YOU GET SOME SNOW! :D

Linda said...

I LOVE your snowy tree. So wintry and beautiful. I missed the peppermint ornaments until I looked at last year's photo and I think I like it even better this year! You can see more of the wintry tree. So pretty. And I love your stockings. What a cute tradition! Do you fill them for everyone or are they just decoration...?

ShEiLa said...

Beautiful tree... wintery.

YOU have such talents. I love the stockings.

I am all for visiting snow and getting out of it. I wouldn't mind living somewhere that it snowed though.

ToOdLeS.

ps. it actually has snowed in Logandale. When I was 14 it snowed so much... it stayed on the ground for two weeks. Snowmen and sleds and so much fun. Time will tell.

Maile said...

So pretty! The stocking are darling and what a great tradition!

Trent & Tara said...

Your tree is AMAZING, can't wait to see it all in person, and try to keep Evelyn out of it.

Tiffany said...

For some reason I commented here and it didn't show up? Anyway...Your tree looks amazing! And I love Ella's stocking, they all turned out so cute. Wish I could sew! We are excited to spend Christmas Eve at your house!

Super Coopers said...

Yeah for you! Making 25 stockings is a huge job but they are so cute. Love the tree. I miss snow too a couple days a year at least.