
Todd and I are about to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We have planned a week long trip to Ouray, Colorado. We are so excited we can't even hardly stand it, because we have been planning this for over 12 weeks. A whole week away from all the busi-ness of everyday life. We wanted to go to Kauai, Hawaii, but the funds to do this sort of vacation for a week just weren't there at this time in our lives, and this economy! So alas, we wanted to pick a place that we could drive to (8.5 hrs.) and a place that we did not know anyone. Since it is our anniversary, we just really want to focus on one another. Todd said, how about Colorado, and I use to go to Montrose, CO when I was a kid and I got as close as Ridgeway Colorado , but had always heard that Ouray was spectacular. So Ouray was our focus. As we looked into it on the internet, we got more and more excited. Ouray has been dubbed the Switzerland of America, surrounded by waterfalls, 13,000 ft mountains and even a giant hotsprings pool. When I return I will be posting pictures of our trip and this unique and beautiful place.

6 comments:
Good for you two(2).
I guess that is the main reason to celebrate... being alone as a couple. Not easy is it?
Enjoy!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA
Hi Michele! I'm so jealous! Sounds so fun! Can't wait to see you in November at kimmy's house.
Sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful time!
LUCKEEEE!!
I hope that you can find the time to snap a couple shots of the scenery in between swooning under the Colorado moon! :)
Have a blast....you deserve it!!
It was nice seeing you & Julie yesterday. The girls were so excited that you came to see their rooms :) Anyway, have fun on your trip....you & Todd deserve it.
Hi Michele! I am soooo excited for you two. Ouray should be in full fall colors. Can't wait to see your pictures. I love your blog and your little ones are adorable! Love you friend...Linda
Post a Comment