Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finally we can use this line




Finally we are able to use a line we have talked about for years. In 1978 after Todd returned home from his mission and I was visiting Minnesota before we got married, Todd's 4 year old nephew Reed Olson asked me, "You live near the mountains?" I replied yes! (I was living in Provo,Utah) He then asked, "if you fall off the mountain, then you would land on the town?" Well now we can actually say yes to Reed. We decided that when you are in Ouray, Colorado and you are up on one of the mountains, that if you fall off you indeed would land on the town. Ouray is a very happy little hamlet, completely surrounded by mountains on all sides. here are some more pictures to prove it.

7 comments:

Lydia Siegel said...

Hello, my name is Lydia and Im just browsing other blogs with some of the same interest. I notice you like scrapbooking and just wanted to invite you to spot by my blog and check it out. There are some fun challenges and some awesome giveaways.

Also you have some amazing photos there! Beautiful views!

Lydia Siegel said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Im originally from Texas, but is now living in GA. I have lived here for 5 yrs now.

jASK said...

Hey Mom & Dad, Great pictures! I'm really glad that you had fun, and looking at your picture I'm realizing that I MISS YOU GUYS!! Well I'll see you in a few days anyway. Love, -Josho-

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you had fun.

Linda said...

What a beautiful town. Love your pictures. Aren't kids hilarious? "Out of the mouths of babes."

Kiza said...

Hi Aunt Michele!!
Congrats on the 30 year mark... I bet it feels awesome.
I just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm looking at what you are up to. I miss you guys, all of you. And I cannot wait until I visit the West again. Next time I will give you a little notice so we can plan some fun.
Take care and tell Uncle Todd I say hello.

Kiza

3Ms +1N said...

cute story about my big bro Aunt Michelle :)