Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finding beauty anywhere!



Logandale is not the prettiest place I have ever lived.
We moved here from a beautiful place called Pinetop Arizona,
which is situated in the White Mountains near Show Low.
I loved the change of seasons there so much and the ponderosas
smelled heavenly. I thought we would never leave that place.
In the winter we would ski and the summers were so cool at 7000
ft. in elevation. It was hard to leave. But after being here for
a while and going through the withdrawels of that life, I have come
to appreciate the beauty that is here. It really isn't pretty to some,
but we love it. We love the rural setting, and we are so glad to be
50 miles away from Las Vegas.
This morning I was badly in need of some adventure. So the dog
and I set out on my bike, and I decided to take along the camera. We
headed for the back roads, some of which are hardly what you would
call roads. But I have my mountain bike and am used to going over rocks
and bumps. Here are some of the sights we saw along the way. (Just
Toby and I)
1) The Muddy River, that runs right down the middle of Moapa Valley.
2) My street this morning with Toby waiting for me to come, and it looks like there is a hint of color change in the trees. I love this street.
3) This is one of those out of the way farms, tucked way back into the
fields of Logandale. I love the guy out working, and the mountains in the background!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I have to say that I had an easier time finding the beauty everywhere else but here... but starting with last fall I fell in love with the desert... so I know you can find beauty anywhere.

ToOdLeS.

Anonymous said...

Very cool...The street where you live is very pretty and I love the red of the barn...Isn't it fun to go out on adventures everyday and SEE the beauty around us?! I love it! Come say hi anytime :D

Rawson Family said...

Great pictures. I love all the color. Who knew that there was that much color here. You never see it until its pointed out to you.

Linda said...

SO gorgeous. I still remember the exact first time I thought the desert was beautiful (after living in the mountains of Utah.) It was a shock to me! Just goes to show "there IS beauty all around."

Jacob and Kelli said...

I would have to agree that at first it's a bit hard to love...but after seeing it a few times, being in the nice warm weather and seeing whats left of the gorgeous alfalfa fields, Logandale is a wonderful- and beautiful place. Thanks for always letting me stay at your house...that would have to be my favorite part of Logandale. I love you!

Emily said...

I love that you love taking adventure rides...you are such a cool gal!

Gotta love the beauties of this here MotherLand!

Court said...

I don't think I appreciated Logandale for it's beauty when I first went there. I used to tease Josh about it being "God's country" (obviously sarcastic). Now that time has gone by, it has gained a sentimental meaning for me and makes me remember how much I loved Josh way back then....I guess it takes getting a little bit older to realize the beauty in things that you didn't really see before :)

ShEiLa said...

Michele,

I knew you were busy at the wedding and in the middle of a conversation... so I didn't want to interrupt.

It was a beautiful wedding... and I loved the decorations and theme throughout.

ToOdLeS.