This was quite a change as the oak bed is very heavy. I got to work on it right away on Monday, and painted the headboard pretty fast. Imagine all those movements with the foam brush. Well by the time I had painted the whole bed plus my dresser and a night stand, (all black) in my bedroom, my right hand had been going at it all day. Today my hand has been very sore in the knuckles and I am hoping I don't have some start of some arthiritis in there. I can hardly do anything with my hand today. It doesn't seem to affect my typing. Anyway just wanted to post the finished project. (I will post the dresser later, as I am not completely done with it).
TA DA! The new bed all done. I think it looks like a Dr. Suess bed. What do you think?


8 comments:
I like it! I've been on the lookout for a new bed too, to paint black. I was inspired by Kylee's bed! Good job. I hope your hand feels better!
Fabulous!
Good thing you know a good Chiropractor...for your hand...or anything else, for that matter.
;)
I want to come stay...very pretty! Hope the hand gets better fast!
I love your new bed! Did you have to sand the oak first? I hope you have a full hand recovery...it gets harder to remain "pain-free" as each year goes by... I also love the quilt and pillows on your bed. Did you make them?
Actually...
you didn't do just one project but one after another... your hand probably needs a little creative rest... ;)
I hope it starts to feel better.
I love the bed!!!
ToOdLeS.
What did you do with the old headboard? If you need someone to take it off your hands...I'm always available. I'm just sayin'!
ooh i like that is very cool. and looks amazing just like everything else you fix up.
Looks awesome!
Post a Comment