Upon awaking Wednesday Morning Feb. 5th, we knew something was on fire and it was something very large. We got in the car at 6:15 a.m. to go see what it was. And to our surprise, the beloved White Logandale Chapel was burning to the ground. We could not believe our eyes. No it was not foul play, just one of those electrical things in a very historic building to this area and even all of Nevada. One of the oldest of it's kind. Tonight the Stake leaders and Bishops are deciding where each of the Wards from that building will meet now. The great thing about it is the records were not all destroyed and there were things that were salvaged, like hymn books and maybe a piano or two. Life will go on, and everyone will be fine, but it is indeed a sad sight to see. Our two youngest children were baptised in that building and it was our meetinghouse for ten years. Good-bye to an important icon to this area!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Sad Day in Logandale
The steeple is still standing.
It reminds me of a world war II zone.

Upon awaking Wednesday Morning Feb. 5th, we knew something was on fire and it was something very large. We got in the car at 6:15 a.m. to go see what it was. And to our surprise, the beloved White Logandale Chapel was burning to the ground. We could not believe our eyes. No it was not foul play, just one of those electrical things in a very historic building to this area and even all of Nevada. One of the oldest of it's kind. Tonight the Stake leaders and Bishops are deciding where each of the Wards from that building will meet now. The great thing about it is the records were not all destroyed and there were things that were salvaged, like hymn books and maybe a piano or two. Life will go on, and everyone will be fine, but it is indeed a sad sight to see. Our two youngest children were baptised in that building and it was our meetinghouse for ten years. Good-bye to an important icon to this area!
Upon awaking Wednesday Morning Feb. 5th, we knew something was on fire and it was something very large. We got in the car at 6:15 a.m. to go see what it was. And to our surprise, the beloved White Logandale Chapel was burning to the ground. We could not believe our eyes. No it was not foul play, just one of those electrical things in a very historic building to this area and even all of Nevada. One of the oldest of it's kind. Tonight the Stake leaders and Bishops are deciding where each of the Wards from that building will meet now. The great thing about it is the records were not all destroyed and there were things that were salvaged, like hymn books and maybe a piano or two. Life will go on, and everyone will be fine, but it is indeed a sad sight to see. Our two youngest children were baptised in that building and it was our meetinghouse for ten years. Good-bye to an important icon to this area!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I was sad when I found out. There was an article in the paper and I read about it on so many blogs! It's sad to always see something with such signifigance destroyed in such a way.
Ron came in the house today and said he'd heard about on the news. It is sad to have spiritual ties to such a special place and then it's gone. I called Isaac to see if he knew and he said Todd had E-mailed him about it. Hope all is going well with the wedding! I left a mess. on your last post(#10).
Michele,
you sure got some great photos.
it is very sad. that was the church i grew up with and most of my life.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa
this is where Josie and ty went to nursery together. It is too bad that we no longer have this chapel. My mom called me to tell me the news. KSL did a story about the fire.
This is still so unreal to me. These pictures are good mom. It was a blessing that none of the records were destroyed. I guess Heavenly Father was watching out for that.
You little stinker...how did you get away with telling their secret(baby)? I could't...I'm so glad I can talk about it now! I'm so excited, Calec is SUCH an awesome little boy, they are the most wonderful parents, I can hardly wait for this sweet little child to join all our families! Come say hi!!!
:( I have so many memories of this chapel. Jeremiah said, "Well, they are all burned now, better forget about 'em." You know how he is. Thanks for posting pictures. I was hoping you would.
Oh my goodness! I did not hear about his. My dad's church burned down when I lived in Utah and it was so sad because of the memories... which I am sure you are all going through. I am so sorry!
Post a Comment