Very chocolaty cupcakes and grasshopper pie. I will post the recipe later. But I wanted to post the way I displayed it all. I thought about cupcakes, and there are so many cute cupcake holders now out there, but I do not have one. I just decided to use what I had and I think it turned out into a lovely dessert display.
I used my candlesticks, and attached plates to the top with glue dots.
No-Bake Grasshopper Pie: Prep time 20 minutes
Crust:
1 bag (7 oz.) oval chocolate and mint-filled sandwich cookies.
1/2 cup slivered almond
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
Filling:
8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup creme de menthe syrup or 1/2 cup mint jelly
2 Tblp. powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup heavy cream
Garnish:
mint leaves and chocolate curls
1. slice 1 inch off one end of each sandwich cookie, Pulse these pieces in food processor with almonds until crumbs are formed. Add softened butter and pat in bottom of glass pie plate. Arrange all the rest of the cookies around the entire edge of the plate, and chill.
2. Filling: Beat mascarpone slightly with hand mixer until smooth. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in 1 cup glass measuring cup. Let soften 2 minutes, microwave 15 seconds until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
3. Gradually beat mint jelly into the cheese and add sugar, beat. Then add gelatin and beat until all mixed. Then add 1 1/4 cup
heavy cream. Beat until soft peaks form. Pour into prepared crust, swirling top Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
4. Once pie is set, beat remaining 1/3 cup cream to soft peaks, dollop on top of pie. Sprinkle with chocolate and garnish with mint leaves,
optional
This pedestal was my Mercury glass candlestick stuck to my beautiful big milkglass platter on top. It worked out really great and I love the way it looked.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
YUM! This gives me some good ideas for Lindsey's shower. Wish I could have been to Kylee's!
Wow, that looks as beautiful as I'm sure it tasted! So beautiful!
Oh Michele...that turned out glorious!
Sorry I couldn't be there. Looks like everything was fabulous!
As usual!!
um... yum!
what good ideas!
Kylee looks awesome!
Aunt Michele, be sure to say hi to 'Bish' for me... :) how awesome!
miss you guys!
Post a Comment