Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tribute to Todd's father


This is Jerrold Marvin Askeroth, or better known as Gramps. He passed away on Wednesday, March 3, 2010. We will miss him very much. This picture was taken on his birthday, March 17, 2007. It was his 75th birthday. I made this cake for his party at Elliah's house. In this picture one can see how kind his demeanor was (you can see it in his face). Always considerate, kind and gentle, with a very good sense of humor. We will honor him with a family get-together on March 20th. He stood 6' 6" tall. . . He truly was a giant of a man.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful man...so thats where all that kindness comes from! :D

Linda said...

I'm sorry to hear about Todd's dad. What a beautiful tribute. I'm sure he was a wonderful man to have fathered a man like your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Vicki said...

So sorry Todd and Michele. He was just about my dad's age. He just turned 79 in January. I think we always think that they will last forever. Hope you are filled with happy memories in the coming days.

Jolynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Todd's Dad. I don't think we are ever ready to let our parents go. The way you speak of him makes me wish I had known him!

ShEiLa said...

Dear Todd and Michele,

The news is sad for all of you as you will miss him dearly... but I know that it was his time to go. When your health isn't the best and quality of life deteriorates and a loved one is suffering you just have to step back and put it in the Lord's hands... and it is still so hard. I came to that place with my Mother... and there are times I just wish she was still here.

ToOdLeS.

Rawson Family said...

I am so so so sorry..... I now understand your hard week. What a kind face, I see where Todd gets it from.

Seegmiller Six said...

so sorry to hear about your loss - we lost my dad last year and some days it just doesn't feel real, others you miss them a lot. So grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that it will only be a short time before we see them again!

LaRae said...

Hope you are all doing OK. He does look very kind & 6'6' wow - that's tall! Wishing love and peaceful memories at a difficult time!