




Todd and I were able to visit our favorite spot, exactly 33 years to the day and pretty much the same time. It was November 8 and it was a Saturday in 1975. Todd asked me if I wanted to go to Kolob with him, we had been dating for almost one week. I said yes, because I really loved Kolob and I so much wanted to spend every minute with him I could. We found a special tree there and took a fun picture of us together. This particular picture became very special to us in our developing relationship and the years to come as a very fond memory.
We were able to find the tree once again, but had forgotten how hard it was to get to. It is hanging out over a very steep and high-up part of a cliff. (Maybe it was not hard back when we were 18 and 20 years old) We had to do some rock climbing, and we sure did not remember it being so high up. Here are some pictures to prove it all and the picture from 1975. We have deemed it our "Special Place" We will go back again, but maybe find a different route up there, so we don't have to rock climb. We sure had a blast though and were so happy to have found the same tree that meant so much to us.

9 comments:
It doesn't look all that easy to get to. So glad you found the exact tree. What? You don't like rock climbing? Tony wouldn't dare take me... it may result in a fall and a helicopter coming to air lift me out. Ü
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa
That pic of Todd reminds me so much of Josh! Way to go on finding the same tree :)
You guys are so cute!
I first saw this post with just one photo... then I just showed Tony and there were more photos. He saw the 33 years ago photo and just started laughing while saying look at that hair. Then I showed him the now photo... and he said, He looks better without hair.
ToOdLeS.AgaiN ShEiLa
That is really cool to see the old picture next to the new one. It's crazy how all the surroundings look exactly the same after all those years! I'm glad you guys got to go back to visit your spot!
No Way!!! That picture of you two 'back in the day' is awesome!!
I love that you made a 'now' photo to match the old(er) one.
You two are so dang fun!!
Happy 33 years!
I can totally say this because you guys are family, but you guys are HOT in that top picture ( in the other ones too). I love it! Cute story too:)
And to answer your question, yes my mom made that spider. It was made out of bread dough and she hollowed out the butt and filled it with queso cheese (or however you spell that, never took spanish) and we dipped chips and eventually ripped off the legs and dipped them in too! It was yummy and so fun.
We miss you. We need to get our families together again. ALL of us. It would be hectic but a blast! I miss everyone!
love the romance!
How in the world did you two get up there? It looks impossible! And what did you set the camera on??? You guys are so cute. Look at my cute parents everyone!
Post a Comment