Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our brave Kendra


Well, Kendra and Sterling don't have a blog, so I think I will have to post this one. For those of you who have been wondering, Kendra is healing quite nicely after two major surgeries within 48 hours time. We certainly feel blessed after Kendra's ordeal is almost over. With her big benign tumors (in thigh, and back) and a visit with the Utah Valley Regional medical center and a Neurosurgeon, everything fell into place quite nicely. I spent another couple of weeks in Provo with Kendra in the hospital, and Tara, Trent and Evelyn at home. I was beginning to feel like I was a resident again of Provo. She spent a week in the hospital, a few days at her Mother-in-laws and then a week here with me recuperating. Each day we could see improvements. It was so good to see her smile again.
This picture was taken about 1 week before she had an MRI to determine why she was having so much back pain
and wasn't able to sleep at nights.

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

oh my! It sounds as though Kendra is oK... but what a concern for your wonderful family. I hope that she continues to improve so that she can feel like her old self... before the pain hit. What a shock it was to read this. Do they know what made the tumors grow? I am so glad that she is alright.
ToOdLeS,ShEiLA
ps. what a wonderful Mother you are Michele.

Anonymous said...

I was so sad when I heard about all this! I'm so glad my Kendra is doing good. And she looks like a model in that picture...especially for being so tired and in pain

Anonymous said...

She is the most BEAUTIFUL zombie I have ever seen! No sleep??? I wish I could look like that when I get a full 8 hours! So glad she is doing good. She is so sweet to send me such a nice thank you card. I talked to her the other day and she seems to be doing pretty good. Our prayers are with her. We love her so so much. It was good to see you again too:)

LaRae said...

Wow Michele - how scary for Kendra & your family! I am so glad that she is OK & I hope that she is healing nicely. Surgery is such a scary thing. My mom has surgery on Monday to repair an aneurysm in her brain - pretty scary stuff. Hopefully all will go well. Take care.

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

We are here for a few days and checking out the blogs. You have beautiful children and grandchildren. The dress is beautiful also. I am so happy to hear that Kendra is on the mend. What an ordeal that has been. Take care and we love you .