Thursday, August 14, 2008

Evelyn's Blessing Dress

Evelyn's first special white dress
Doesn't she look stunning?
These shoes were given to her by Julie Olive and Emily Mortenson. They were perfect with the dress.
Evelyn's two very proud Grandma's

I gave Tara a coupon for 1 white baby blessing dress for her baby girl at her baby shower back in March. I started thinking about it soon after and wanted to get it finished to take up to Provo, when she had her baby. I wasn't sure what it would look like, until I found some gathered cotton fabric, which was already gathered on an English
smocking gatherer. I had it in a bin for years. I have done some smocking, but not for a long time. The smocking could have turned out a little better, but with the little experience I had it didn't turn out to bad. Then I found a dust ruffle in my fabric stash that was hardly used and I thought I would use that rather than finding some scalloped edged eyelet at a fabric store. Here are the results and I think that baby Evelyn looked stunning in her
dress. I had so much fun making it for her. I also had the privilege of making a blessing dress for Breya and Carys.

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I didn't realize that you made Evelyn's dress... I had seen it on Tara & Trents blog. It is beautiful Michele! Such a talented Grammy you are.
ToOdLeS,ShEiLA

Linda said...

I think the dress is stunning, the baby is stunning, AND the two grandmas are stunning! I'm so impressed!

Emily said...

You never cease to amaze me with your skillz! I love the dress and the baby that is in it couldn't be more adorable!!

Love, Emily

PS. Very cute shoes!! :)

LaRae said...

Linda was apparently thinking the same thing I was - with grandmas as stunning as Evelyn's - no wonder she is so absolutely gorgeous!