Thursday, June 12, 2008

one on one


This past week I started a tradition with my grandchildren. I had Cameron who is the oldest grandchild of Todd and I come and stay with us by herself for a visit. Next it will be Carys' turn.
Then I will invite Breya, and as they get older the others will follow.
We had such a good time. We shopped together, went to the library, read story books, watched
DVD movies that Cam picked out, did crafts, made cards, played in a wading pool. Cameron did Artwork for me. (She loves to draw), but it was so fun to see her be creative in other ways. One of the highlights for me was taking her to Our local variety/hardware store where she picked out fabric for me to make matching dresses for all of the girl cousins at our family reunion on June 21.
She was so excited to get to pick it out. I will post pictures of the the little girls wearing the dresses
after our family reunion.

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Michele, I see you were up in the wee hours. I bet you do a lot of that... creativity hits at moments when you should be sleeping. I checked out Elliah's poetry blog...& Tara's & Trent's... and of course both of your blogs. You are so talented. I left a comment on one of your previous posts, don't know if you got it. I also noticed that you love Anne of Green Gables just like me. There seemed to be a few things on your list we have in common. I loved thta youstarted one on one time with your Grandchildren... they will have such a wonderful bonding experience with Grammy & Papa.
toodles, Sheila

Anonymous said...

I just had the Askeroth girls over at my house and let me tell you- Cameron went on and on about her time with Grammy! She told me all the things you did together (and I didn't even ask her about it first.) So, I just wanted to let you know she had a GREAT time and she loves her Grammy.

ShEiLa said...

I just saw your comment...
don't know why it wasn't sent to my e.mail. in answer to your question. Our baby girl Madison was born May 22nd, one day after your baby girl Evelyn. Isn't it fun being a Grammy? I am loving every minute of it.
ToOdLeS, SHeiLa

Linda said...

What a fun grammy time! I need to do some one-on-one with mine! We are always in a group...

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Your family is growing! It is so great to see pictures and hear about them! Keep in touch!