I am posting some of the Valentines I made this year
because this is something that makes me happy.
I loved making Valentines and sharing them on my
creative blog. I swapped some with some other
bloggers and gave some away, and made one just
for a little decoration. This was very satisfying!
The part that makes me really unhappy, is when
we have a flood in our basement. Yes, we had another
flood in our basement yesterday. This is the second time
in 9 months for us. Maybe we have hit our quota for our lifetime.
We woke up to water coming in a basement window because of a broken water
main outside. No insurance covers this one folks. It turns
out, that if you do not carry flood insurance, and you have
a pipe break outside your house and it floods inside it is not
covered unless you carry the Flood insurance. Oh Joy! It
flooded the entire family room and storage room this time.
We spent all day yesterday cleaning up this one. A professional
flood cleaner upper came and pulled the water out of our 6 month old carpeting. I will be okay,
and many professional fans are going right now downstairs
spring cleaning because of it, and we were not able to
travel up to Provo for a very important funeral. We
just could not leave our house in that state.
This morning already I have been doing some
more cleaning in the storage room.
I have decided that this is just the way life is. And I
have definateily decided that the best way to handle
things like this happening is to KEEP YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR!
p.s. my house smells musty and is feels humid. And I hope you like the Valentines!


12 comments:
I LOVE the Valentines. So sorry about the flooding. Also so glad that you are able to keep smiling through it!
Sorry, I am kind of blog stalking. I found you blog through Cassidy's and then Kendra's. I am sorry to hear about your flood. We have had our basement flooded several times too, and it is the pits. Your valentines made me happy too!
You are a good girl Michele. It's better to just put on some happy music and let that stupid carpet dry! The valentines are beautiful...one's that could never be thrown away like all those that we got in school.
Beautiful Valentine! So sorry to hear about another flood...that is just awful, I hate that. Hope it will be ok~
You are a great example! I need to keep a better humor on me when things go arwy (sp?) I'm so sorry that had to happen to you. and bummer that you missed your funeral - guess it's a good thing we know we'll see them again! love the valentines!
You really are amazing. I hope you know that. Hope all is well. Lots of Love.
eeash...I can't' believe it flooded again! I've experienced that once in my life and it is NOT fun. Beautiful cards by the way.
Michele,
YOUR creations are beautiful!!!
(like always) I am envious of your talents.
Anyway...
When I saw Dr.Todd yesterday I couldn't believe it when he said an outside pipe had broke and once again the basement was flooded... new carpet and all. I was so sad for you guys. Talk about too many things at once. (one basement flood can be enough) More than one is unaccpetable and then you had to miss the funeral... so sorry.
I will see you today as I will be back in to see Dr.Todd and since it's Friday it will be my lucky day... I will get to see you too.
ToOdLeS.
Bum-stinkin'-mer!
Sorry about your mess...hope it's all dry and smells lovely by now.
Keep on smilin' ya cutie!
I totally agree with you on the flood thing. Good job hanging in there so graciously cause it's not easy. LOVE the valentines!
Another flood?? That is the pits - and I am very impressed with your positive attitude! I am sure it will all turn out OK and those Valentines - absolutely beautiful!
AGAIN!?!
You guys. I cannot believe it happened again. I guess I feel lucky it was dry when I was there! Is my room ok?! :)
Well. Its probably all back to normal now (hopefully) but sure thinking of you guys. For living in the desert, you sure do have a lot of floods in your basement!
Hi to all. Miss you for sure.
Post a Comment